Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Finished projects and works in progress

I've been pretty busy lately, whipping out a bunch of little projects for my nieces (modelling pictures to come later). Figured I'd post a bunch of them while I'm thinking of it.

Finished Projects

This is a cute upside-down daisy hat from Itty Bitty Hats. It was really easy except for hand-sewing each petal to the top.


I also made a cute pacifier clip for Leah since my sister is always wondering where she put the pacifier. This also came from one of Susan Anderson's books, Itty Bitty Knits.

I have come to really like the patterns in Louisa Harding's Miss Bea collection. This jumper is from the same book as the the purple sweater I made earlier. I tweaked the colors, opting for a darker base w/ lighter stripes. I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but the stripes are silver, lavender, and white. I think if I did it over, I might substitute the white for another color so it's not so bright.

I have a whole list of things I want to make from these books but I have to hold off for a bit and make something for myself and some other adults.

Works in Progress

On to the many works in progress I have on the needles. First up is the Manos Canyon Throw. I started this back in April and only just finished the 1st of 3 strips. The colors go really well w/ my couch and my throw pillows. It's great to work on at home b/c my apartment can get cold at times w/ the a/c or the windows open at night.

I started this sock on the train down to DC for that interview back in July. I don't think I've done anything since. This yarn and pattern are part of the Socks that Rock, Rockin' Sock Club. Not sure why I even bothered joining it since I don't knit many socks and the colors are a bit of a stretch for me.

Ah, the Apres Surf Hoodie. I started this on LBI and was on a roll. I split for the armholes and started the decreases for the back side. Then I panicked, thinking my sides and decreases were off and haven't been bold enough to go back and look. I need to go back and finish this.

I started this beauty last week. It's Alisa's birthday present -- Noro Striped Scarf -- knit in Noro Silk Garden. I love the way the colors change in this yarn. I'm using 2 different colorways and alternately every 2 rows. Eventually, I'll cast on for a matching hat. Since Alisa is now in Toronto, she'll need some added warmth and quick! I'm halfway done w/ the scarf as we speak.


But, the chances of me finishing the scarf this weekend are slim. Rosie's started a knit-along tonight in honor of all the Rowan goodies they recently got in the store. I stopped by tonight w/ the intention of casting on for a cute cardigan and just working on it during the KAL get-togethers. But then I realized it's Rosh Hashana next week and I could use a cute, sophisticated shrug to wear over my black dress. The new Rowan magazine had just the pattern, so I bought even more yarn tonight and cast on for the following top in Berocco's Ultra Alpaca Light.


I think it will look great, but I just need to make sure I can finish it in time so I can wear it!

Finally, I am still working on my dad's scarf for Hanukkah. I wound up yarn to start Martha w/ the Manos Silk, but will wait to swatch that until after the shrug is done. I also need to cast on my sister's Hanukkah present, but if the pattern is easy enough, I might just take it w/ me to China. I also have this awful shirt on the needles that I thought would look good but it doesn't. That needs to be frogged and the yarn given away. It looked so much better in the ball than it did knitted up.

So, for those of you interested in my knitting obsession, here's where I stand. No clue where I'm going to find enough time in the day to get thru everything I want to, but oh well.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I love the new hat and pacifier clip!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to try it on her this weekend :-) Thanks Rob.