Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A meme . . . whatever that means

Ok, this was going around a while ago, but I never bothered to jump on. Trying to avoid doing work, I decided to resurrect it and answer the questions:

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

I quit smoking!!!!

I was living in the DC metro area and had just changed jobs, leaving the PIRGs (having worked for them for many years) to go work for the Endangered Species Coalition. I was also getting ready to move out of my dumpy apartment in Hyattsville, MD to live w/ a great group of gals in Chevy Chase, DC. Also at this time I was studying for the LSATs after having determined that I needed a law degree to be a lobbyist for one of the DC enviro groups (as you can see, I went a slight different route).

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?

Clean my apartment
Do laundry
Doctor's appointment
Test ride road bikes
Work on my apres surf hoodie

3) Snacks I enjoy:

Popcorn
Gobstoppers
Trader Joe's Sweet & Savory Trail Mix
String Cheese

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Pay off my student loans
Travel
Work for a public interest environmental law firm or advocacy group
Put money aside for my nieces' college tuition

5) Places I’ve lived:

How much room do you have???? In order to save space, I have condensed some of the places, not bothering to list situations where I moved back and forth from different places (i.e., Cape Cod 2 summers, Washington, DC before and during law school). That's what made my government clearance document a nightmare to put together.

Johnstown, PA (10 years)
Haworth, NJ (7 years)
Boston, MA
New Brunswick, NJ
Boulder, CO (2.5 years)
Williamstown, MA
Pittsburgh, PA
Sunderland, MA
Westport, MA
South Yarmouth, MA
College Park, MD
Portland, ME
Hyattsville, MD (1 year)
Washington, DC (~3 years)
South Royalton, VT (3 years)
Brighton, MA (1 year)
Philadelphia, PA (5 years)

6) Six people I would like to tag are:

anyone who wants to play!

No comments: