Friday, January 16, 2009

Holy cow batman

I cooked!



Ok, that's not such a big deal since I make chili and this chicken soup, but these are somewhat easier and can easily be cooked in bulk and stored in the freezer.


Tonight, however, I really cooked.


I cooked fish!


Not just that, but I made it in the oven (I rarely use my oven, opting for the toaster oven instead), in parchment paper, with kitchen string. Hello?


It actually came out pretty well and I ate the whole thing. I tend to take a few bites of things I make and throw them out. That's how good of a cook I am. :-) But tonight was different.

So you must be wondering what I made. Here it is:



The recipe is called Halibut w/ Tapenade in Parchment. I got it from the South Beach Diet cookbook. It was really simple to make, aside from finding parchment paper and kitchen string and trying to actually tie the paper before putting it in the oven. Basically it's halibut (I used turbo b/c the guy at Whole Foods said it was most like halibut), diced tomatoes, olive tapenade, and little drizzle of lemon and olive oil, salt and pepper.

Yum!

2 comments:

MaleficentKnits said...

And why did you not invite Lisa and I over for dinner tonight?

Robin said...

I didn't want to make you sick. Now that I know it came out, I can totally have you guys over.