Sunday, July 5, 2009

Triathlon Training - Weeks 5 & 6

Week 5
Well, b/c I'm writing this update a week late, I can't remember much of what occurred during week 5. Week 5 ended w/ the Philly Tri weekend, which is what I had originally planned to do, but decided I'd wait until Sept. Boy am I glad I did. It was sooooo hot! The sun was just brutal on folks at the end for the run. I saw folks around miles 4-5 of the 10K and was pleased to see that many folks were walking at this point. One concern I have always had is that I'll mostly be walking since I'm not a runner. By the looks of things on Sunday, I'll have no problem w/ that!

Also, my knees were bugging me after my ride that Saturday and I'm sure it didn't help that I followed it up w/ a run/walk the next day. I've been trying to take it easy after that.

Week 6
This was a crappy week on the training front. I was in NYC Monday night, bailed on Tuesday b/c I was exhausted from being in NYC the night before, Thursday was traveling to NJ and Saturday was traveling and the 4th. So basically, all I really have done since last Sunday was spin and strength train on Weds. and run/walk for all of 30 minutes on Friday. Very sad training week. I will finish it out w/ a bang and ride at least the 18 miles I have on my schedule.

I'm hoping that this week will be a little better. Problem is I have a dinner on Thursday night in Conshohocken and then I head to Johnstown on Friday where I'll be traveling 4 hours on Fri. and Sun. and then will be in Pittsburgh on Sat. Hmmm, when do I fit in exercising AND catching up w/ family. I think I will bring my bike so I can try to fit something in. My grandmother's pool is small, but maybe I can swim some laps while I'm there too. At least w/ that, I can swim laps at night if I want to.

As for fundraising, I have raised almost $1800 so far, which means I am just over 50% from my goal! Thanks to everyone that has made a contribution so far!

No comments: