Friday, January 18, 2008

On the road AGAIN!

That's right. I've been home for a week and now I'm turning back around and headed to Florida for the long weekend. I haven't even finished unpacking my suitcase and now I have to pack up another one! This week has pretty much been a blur with work, catching back up with folks, and trying to go thru my 50 million pictures, which I have finally finished. It was fun going thru the pics and reliving the trip. Now, my life back in Philly is so lame in comparison! Hopefully the weather will be nice and I can relax on the beach and then hang w/ the family. If not, then I'll get to catch up on all those movies I missed over the holidays. :-)

I also came to a decision Weds. night after talking w/ a friend about my "upcoming" races for the year. Most of you know that I've done a whole bunch of marathons and half marathons over the past few years. Well, b/c marathon training takes so much time and has been really hard on me, I've decided to take a break and maybe only do the Rock n' Roll Half in Va Beach this year. Well, in talking to my friends, I think I might try something different and train for a triathlon this June in Philly. I'd still do it w/ Team in Training since they've got a great training program. I figure it's great crosstraining and it's not as harsh on your body as marathon training. I already bike, a 10K is a piece of cake for me, and I can swim breastroke for hours. I just need to work on doing all 3 at once and maybe work on my freestyle capacity. Sign up for the race and training isn't for another few weeks so I have time to stew on it for a bit. I think it's a great way to keep moving this winter and try something different! Ok, now that I wrote it on my blog, I guess I have to do it, right? Right!

No comments: