Friday, January 11, 2008

Back to reality :(

Well, I made it home safe and sound yesterday. I was supposed to have most of yesterday to unwind, but b/c my flight was delayed out of BA, I missed my connection. The whole setup in BA was just terrible. The a/c was barely working and they take your water away from you as you go thru a 2nd round of security. This is even the water I bought next to the gate! Needless to say, I was dying of thirst. Then, on the airplane they barely gave out water b/c they were running low. To top it off, the woman next to me had no concept of space and kept jabbing me with her elbows as I slept. I tried to tell her to stop but she did not understand English. Very frustrating. The nice thing is I was not charged in either BA or Miami for my overweight bags. I spent 6 hours in Miami watching movies until my new connecting flight. I had bought a jar of Dulce de Leche (caramel) in the duty free shop in BA (which I was able to take onto the plane, even though it was a liquid); however, I didn't think to put it in my checked luggage in Miami and was forced to forfit at security. I mean come on, the darn jar was sealed shut in plastic and I still had my duty free receipt for it. I guess that was a sign that I really didn't "need" it, but only bought it to use up my pesos.

Last night I crashed around 10:30 and somehow pulled myself out of bed this morning and went to work. Yup, I worked today, but it was a very relaxed day filled with going thru emails and catching up with folks.

My last day in Iguazu I slept in a bit and went for a quick walk along the upper circuit before we had to leave. I had originally planned to go w/ the group for the airport transfer but instead grabbed my bags and went with some folks to their hotel in BA and hung out by the pool for a couple hours. It was a great way to unwind before beginning the trek home.

I am in the process of uploading my photos. I'm thinking I might just add a few pics to my previous posts and then add a link on this blog to all my photos once I get them organized. My plan is to continue posting on this blog even though my trip is over. It's a great way for folks to keep tabs on what I'm doing and for me to show off whatever I want to show off.

No comments: