Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's finally HOT, HOT, HOT

Today we are in Puerto Madryn, Argentina which is part of the Chubut Province in the northern part of Patagonia. We took a 2.5 hour bus ride out to Peninsula Valdes to see the elephant seals and sea lions. It was hard to see the elephant seals b/c we weren't allowed to get up close and then were in the water instead of on the beach. I don't blame them. I wanted to be in the water with them. The forecast said sunny and 86 degrees, but it sure felt like it was in the 90s. Couple that with the fact I was just in 50 degree weather and I was HOT today! The wind was blowing sand everywhere so I am quite dusty at the moment. I can't wait to go shower! Afterwards, we headed to another part of the peninsula and saw the sea lions. I liked this part much better since we could see better and they were more lively. There were also 4 or 5 little sea lion pups running around. They were so cute! On the bus ride I started working on my sock. Not sure how much I'm going to like it but at least it's something to do on a long bus ride!

Tonight is a mellow night. I have a reflexology appt tonight before dinner to make up for the terrible reflexology appt I had yesterday. It was more like a hand and foot rub instead of reflexology. I figure, if I'm paying $130 (including tip) I should get what I signed up for. Afterwards, folks are meeting for a casual dinner upstairs in the cafe.

To continue my gripe about the smoking. I am in the internet lounge, on the other side of the atrium (starboard side) from the "smoking" side (port side) and I can smell the smoke in here. If it bugs me this much, Mom would be miserable!

I have officially filled up 2 memory cards worth of pictures and am about to start on the next one. Amazing, I know. A lot are repeats that I'll just go thru when I get home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin - I cannot wait to see all of your pictures. We miss you but know you're having a blast!

Alison Abbadessa said...

Robin! Remember me? Ali from knitting? I am so glad to have the opportunity to read your blog. Sounds like you are having a blast. Keep in touch/send pics when you return. -Ali
Ps- Have you met any nice Jewish fellows?