Friday, February 19, 2010

Snowpocalypse - 2nd round

The 2nd round of the storm came through last Wednesday and I spent the day cooped up inside knitting and catching up on past seasons of LOST. By the time Thursday came around and we had another snow day at work, I was going batty. I needed to get out of the house.

After shoveling and then shoveling some more, I threw on the layers and grabbed my camera to see what was going on in the neighborhood. After getting 28 inches over the weekend, and then another 17 inches only 4 days later, I had to get out and witness the city as it had never been seen before.


A motorcycle parked in front of a neighbor's house.


Tree by the Fairmount Waterworks along the Schuylkill River.


Fairmount Waterworks on the Schuylkill River.


Buried bench by Lloyd Hall in Fairmount Park.


Philadelphia's Boathouse Row.


Reflection of the Philadelphian on Kelly Drive.


Philadelphia's Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Eakin's Oval and City Hall


Tubing down the Art Museum steps.


More fun on the Art Museum steps.

Do you see the snowboarders waiting for their turn? As I was walking home, I saw a few boarders locking up their snowboard to a bike rack outside Bishop's Collar. That's a first.


Buried park fence - Fairmount.


Buried cars.


Outside my window.


Outside my window.


One last shot from outside my window.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so jealous of those who tubed down the art museum steps. That looked AWESOME!!!!!!