Friday, October 31, 2008

Phillies Parade

Since I missed the mayhem, I mean celebration, Weds. night I figured I should venture out and check out the parade. I mean, come on, it's a block from my office! At 9AM, folks were already lining up on the street for the 12PM parade. A coworker who takes the 5:40AM train said there were folks on his train coming down for the celebration.

Disclaimer: The photos were taken on my cell phone which usually takes crappy pictures. So, these aren't going to be the best.
Here's a kid who was all decked out for the event.

The crowds were insane. We first tried walking up 17th (I work on that street) but b/c Suburban Station lets out there, we went down a block or 2 to get a better view. Even on 19th there were still tons of people.

Here is first a video of one bus going by with Mayor Nutter (I think it was him, we were debating it back at the office) carrying the World Series trophy (?).



This next video has the Philly Phanatic on it and some other players.



Here's a better shot of one bus of players. I'm such a dork, I was asking people if players were on the buses since they weren't wearing their jerseys and, well, because I'm not a baseball fan.

This is my attempt at capturing the confetti in the air w/ a cell phone. Of course, I didn't think to take my good camera out of my carry-on . . .

No comments: