Sunday, March 30, 2008

Vladivostock Stole

Vladivostock is the name of the Rosie's Knits pattern I started after I completed my beginner knitting class. Let's just say that, as usual, Robin was a little ambitious with her first "real" project. It took me about 4-5 months to complete it in Koigu. My mom really liked it and wanted it, but I refused to give it up. Sad thing is, I have yet to wear it, but that's another story.

B/c my mom loved my first one, I decided to make her one for Hannukkah in sea silk, a yarn that I just love. Just like the other one, it took me about 4 months to complete, partly b/c of the intricacy of the pattern and partly b/c I needed to add in some no-brainer projects as well. Although Hannukkah was several months ago, I finally finished the Vladivostock Stole and blocked it this weekend. I took it to Rosie's to photograph it and here it is:




I love it! I kind of want to give my mom the purple one now and keep this one. This is what the purple one looks like.

It's beautiful, I'll give you that, but it is not as light and shimmery as the sea silk and definitely doesn't drape as well. My sister is now hinting that she wants one too. Someday . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I love the photo setting. :-)

Wendy said...

Nice job! I haven'tknit Vlad yet because it just seems to repetitive and boring - but yours definitely does give me inspiration!

W

Lisa said...

WOW! So gorgeous in the seasilk. The drape is perfect.

I still cannot believe you did this the first time as one of yor first projects. You are ambitious, girlfriend!

Robin said...

Thanks!

Mariss said...

Good Lord, girl! That shawl is gorgeous. How am I going to make my mom something as pretty with that yarn?!?!?! Now I'm thinking, should I make Vlad too?! Hee hee.