Sunday, March 2, 2008

Busy bee

Aside from the fact that I have been a slug due to this cold, I have been very busy on the knitting front. My mom put it in my head to make a baby bunting for my sister's new baby (arriving on Tuesday!) to come home from the hospital in. I found a cute pattern that converts from a sack to pants so you can use the car seat. I had originally bought a cute pastel yarn, but it striped and didn't look so good. So then I settled for a more neutral cream. I got the cutest ladybug buttons, but they appear to be too small. Here are pics of the bunting w/ the small buttons.

I went to Rosie's to get bigger buttons and all I could find were these clear pink ones. Not as cute as the ladybugs, but at least my little niece won't pop the buttons off!
Of course, my new little niece needs a matching hat to wear home from the hospital . . .

And
booties for her feet . . .
I was going to also make little
mitts to match, but decided not to. Let's just say I went a little crazy outfitting the little bugger. Of course I won't be there when they bring her home from the hospital in it, but my brother has promised to be the photographer that day.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Too bad about the lady bugs...but that is a seriously cute outfit. What a lucky little one to have such a loving talented auntie!