Friday, February 1, 2008

Robin's somewhat annual fundraising appeal for a great cause!

As many of you already know, I have signed up to do another event with Team in Training. However, this time I have chosen to challenge myself and do an olympic-distance triathlon. I happened upon TNT about 4 years ago after I had recently moved to Philly. I knew that I wanted to get involved with charity organization and what better way than to walk a marathon for a cause. TNT raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.


Over the years, I have met many blood cancer survivors and have been amazed at their strength and determination to fight the disease. These are just a few of the survivors I've met. I have also met folks who at young ages, have lost their battle. I do these events in honor of those that I have met over the years, but also in memory of my uncle, Edwin Eiseman, who lost his battle with Hodgkins at the age of 23. There weren't many option back in 1969, but now, after years of research and development, Hodgkins is considered one of the most curable forms of cancer out there. Every time I can't go on, I think of my personal heroes and know that my pain is nothing compared to what they have gone through.


I hope that you will join me and make a contribution toward TNT. Seventy-five percent of your contribution goes directly to patient services and research. By clicking on the link below, you can make a secure, online contribution to the cause.


If you prefer to make a contribution "old school" by mailing me a check, drop me an email and I will send you my address. Of course, all contributions are tax deductible. Also, if your employer has a matching gift program, let me know. I have forms that I can send you.


Thanks so much for your support! I will keep folks posted with my training progress and for those of you in the area, please come cheer me on!!!!

No comments: