Friday, February 15, 2008

I hate being sick!

For someone who rarely gets sick and even more rarely gets a fever, this has been one heck of a flu season. I don't know what happened but that brick wall smacked me down hard yesterday. I was achy and prickly and cold and hot and had a fever of up to 100.8. Um, I dont' remember the last time I had a fever that high. I usually only go up to 99 and that's probably b/c my normal body temp is about 97. Let's just say that last night sucked. Good thing is that by 11pm I was sweating it all out and now my temp is mostly back down to normal. I was so yucky last night that I couldn't even deal w/ knitting in front of the tv. I have a doctor's appt for later to deal with the nasty sore throat I have, before the long weekend.


I was so excited to get my triathlon training revved up, but now it looks like that will be on hold for a few days. If I feel better tomorrow, I may just meet up with the group practice before heading off to DC - something I am not doing today. Still I managed to get in a run (ok, a walk), spinning, and swim workout this week. The swim was tough b/c I forgot everythign I learned last spring. I think I'll take a lesson since I'm missing the swim practices with TNT.


On the crafty front, I've been going a bit crazy making things for my niece who is due in 2 weeks. I'm now working on a baby bunting and hat for the baby to wear home from the hospital. I did, however, finish the cutest hat for Alex who will be 3 next month.





It will match her jacket perfectly. Too bad winter is almost over . . . This was the first time I attempted to do any sort of color work so I'm pleased with how it came out.

No comments: