Sunday, June 6, 2010

Housewarming Party

I moved into my new place in October, yet I didn't finally have a housewarming party until a couple of weekends ago. I wanted to take the time to get settled, but I also didn't want to do it in the winter. I wanted to be able to utilize the back deck and grill out. So, I ended up having the party a few weeks after I got back from my trip.

It was great to have my different friends mingling and having fun. Folks brought some yummy treats and Flint took over as grill master. Carolyn made cookies shaped in little houses, including little pink houses. :-)



As expected, my orange mushroom was a huge hit! As was my new Buddha from Cambodia.

I was surprised at how well my place was able to handle the crowd. Out back it seemed a bit tight, but inside, we had folks spread out including a good 7 folks talking it up in the kitchen! Yup, my kitchen is big enough for 7 folks to easily hang out in it.

I



All in all, it was a lot of fun and I look forward to having folks over more often, including for Fairmount's celebration of Bastille Day next month!

No comments: