Things have progressed quite rapidly since last week. I called the realtor and went back to look at the 25th and **** houses last night. I really liked the 25th house, but wasn't sure on the street. As soon as I walked in on Tuesday, I was surprised that it was not what I had thought I remembered. Having seen several places after that had morphed it into something else. Needless to say, I decided it really wasn't for me and I'd need to put more work into it than I would have wanted. The **** house was a different story. As soon as I walked in, I knew that it was where I wanted to be. I put an offer on the house this evening.
I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear back. They have until 5pm tomorrow night to respond. Wish me luck! I really hadn't expected this to progress so quickly!
(edited to remove the house number and street of the place I actually bought)