Monday, June 23, 2008

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Back in April I started working on this great top from last summer's Interweave Knits - the Josephine Top. I was so excited to finally have the skills to do it. I started it in Florida, but then took a little break while I tried to figure out how to do short rows for the bust. I was making great progress. While in NJ this weekend, I finished the cap sleeves and seamed up the sides. When I got home, I finished the neckline and tada . . . . I thought it was done except for weaving in the loose ends.

Looks good, doesn't it?

Um, yeah, no. Can you see what's wrong?

No? Look even more closely.


See it now? The short rows I did for the bust were put in the wrong place and make the top pucker. I had such grand dreams of my new ability to do short rows. Too bad I didn't really know where I was supposed to put them. Not only that, I didn't even needed them to begin with b/c of the expanding and accommodating nature of the v-neck. I should have listened when someone suggested that to me.

~~Sigh~~

Guess what I'm doing tonight? I'm ripping out the neck. And the cute cap sleeves. And the front, all the way down to just above the lace pattern and starting over.

~~Sigh~~

I don't plan unseam the sides where the lace pattern is. No need for that. I'm only going to bother w/ the top pattern. Thought I was done w/ it and had planned to show off my finished product on Weds. but no such luck!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I am shedding a tear for you. I have never done that while knitting, but sewing a few times I ended up with bust darts that gave me some of the strangest looking boobs ever...seriously.

meg said...

Ahh! How annoying. Ignoring the dart issue, however, the top looks fantastic!

kt said...

You look so skinny in those pictures! Great sweater even with the darts.