Sunday, April 27, 2008

Why I love Philly

Aside from the fact that I can roll out of my apartment and have Kelly and West River Drive at my footstep, I love how small Philly is. I love that I am in a city (and 2 hours from NYC or DC) but most of all that I can walk down the street and run into folks I know. A few weeks ago I ran into a family friend on my way home from the gym. Today, I'm putzing around Target and run into a distant cousin of mine. How often does that happen to you in a big city?

On another note, I've been the total happy homemaker today (minus the cleaning and organizing aspect) and have spent the day cooking. Yup, you read that right. I hate to cook, especially when I get home at the end of the day. If I do get it together to buy stuff to cook, I usually am not in the mood for it by the time I'm ready to eat it. So, the fact that I am making two dishes -- chili and Mexican lasagna -- is pretty impressive. I usually cook every 1-2 months and put it in the freezer. I will say that I still have a ton of Yucatan chicken soup in my freezer from last fall. Just couldn't get into eating it b/c of the spice. Anyway, I now have food in my apartment. Like that will keep me from eating out all the time. Ha!

2 comments:

Mariss said...

How funny, I was thinking the same thing the other night, when I ran into my old boss. It is great to be part of the community and meet such great people (like the knitting group!)

Nice job on the cooking, I do like to cook, but have had a hard time finding the energy to do it. So hopefully, you'll inspire me!

Lisa said...

I love how small town, this big city is. I always run into unexpected people. Not to mention, that I think for a northern we are really friendly.